Cruise New Zealand has extraordinarily high environmental standards to uphold. Our home is in some of the finest cruising grounds in the world with crystal clear waters and pristine golden sand beaches. We take our responsibility to keep them that way as an absolute priority. That’s why we endeavour to minimise our environmental impact – from the design and construction of our vessels to your experience on board.
Some of our vessels include the following features:
- Solar powered electrical systems
- Ride control to minimise wake, less harm to beaches and foreshores
- Fuel efficient hull design
- Sustainable materials
- Non-toxic anti-fouling
- Exhaust cleaners
- Onboard wastewater treatment system
- Desalinator to alter seawater to fresh for onboard use
- Glass to sand bottle crusher
- Heat recovery system
- Chilled still and sparkling water taps minimising the use of plastic bottles
- Silent ship time
- Environmentally safe cleaning materials and products used exclusively.
We practice sustainable fishing and seafood collection and also support LegaSea in their environmental efforts to protect New Zealand waters.